1. The Expert Center
The Expert Center organizes work on voluntary certification of objects and / or services. The priority area of work of the Expert Center is the infrastructure and objects of the cultural sphere: museums, theatres, cultural centers, libraries, exhibition and concert halls, parks, music schools, art schools, etc., as well as other objects of the social sphere: education, healthcare, physical culture and sports, tourism, communications and information, social protection of the population, etc.
According to the Decree of the Ministry of Labor of the Russian Federation No. 627 of December 25, 2012, social infrastructure facilities must have the accessibility passport in obligatory order.
The accessibility passport of an object is a document describing the facility for its accessibility to people with disabilities and other low-mobility groups of the population.
An object in this case is an organization or a part of it (a structural department, a branch) that occupies a certain estate object (a building in full or part of it) with an adjacent plot (if it exists and is assigned to the organization).
Passportization is a process of obtaining a passport of accessibility of an object for people with disabilities and other low-mobility groups of the population, that is, a description of the object in terms of its compliance with accessibility requirements. After adapting the object until it meets the criteria of partial availability, a procedure for voluntary certification of the object can be carried out.
Passportization process of the object includes:
- Expert examination of accessibility for people with disabilities.
- Preparation of a set of documents:
- passport of accessibility of a social object;
- the Act of examination of the social infrastructure object to the accessibility passport;
- appendices to the Act of examination of the social infrastructure object to the accessibility passport.
Required documents for passportization:
- The plan of the organization of the land plot (if there is an adjacent territory).
- Floor plans of the object (s).
- Internal regulations in terms of ensuring accessibility for people with disabilities and other people with limited mobility (regulations, job descriptions, staff training plans, etc.).
- Application form (information about the object of social infrastructure) to the passport of the object of social infrastructure (according to the Appendix 3 to the Decree of the Ministry of the Russian Federation of December 25, 2012, No. 627).
The passport of the object includes the following sections:
- Application form for the object’s zones examination:
- the adjacent territory to the building;
- the entrance group;
- routes of movement inside the building (including evacuation routes);
- the target area of the building;
- sanitary and hygienic premises;
- object information systems.
- Conclusion on the accessibility of the object based on the results of the examination.
- Recommendations for adapting the object to meet the accessibility criteria (full or partial).
- The Act of examination.
- Floor plans, plans of the Bureau of Technical Inventory (provided by the client).
The Voluntary Certification System of VOI provides the owners of social facilities with the opportunity to create the «appropriate» accessible environment that meets the current construction standards and is comfortable for all low-mobility groups of the population.
The main purpose of the voluntary certification is to confirm the level of accessibility of facilities and services for people with disabilities and other low-mobility groups of the population.
Before passing the certification procedure, the object must pass passportization, within which it will be examined by specialists of the Expert Center.
After a successful examination, the owner is given a passport indicating the parameters and the degree of accessibility of the object. After this action, a set of measures is developed to achieve compliance of the object with the requirements of the certification authority.
As soon as the object passes all the stages stipulated by the expert commission, it can be certified.
Advantages of passing certification Few people think that the low-mobility groups of the population include not only people with disabilities, but also young mothers with baby carriages and / or small children, pregnant and elderly people, and even cyclists. There are a lot of such people in a large city, and everyone is looking for comfortable places to visit. For this purpose, Voluntary Certification System of services have been created.
The owners of the enterprises certify the property in order to attract new visitors to the establishments. They are also interested in reducing the risk of emergencies. An object that has received a certificate of accessibility for low-mobility groups of the population is valued much more, because it has more potential customers. After the end of the procedure, the institution is given an information plate about compliance with the requirements of a comfortable space for people with disabilities.
4 steps for certification
Preparation and submission of the application. To start the verification process, you need to submit an application to the Expert Center. The Expert Center registers the application and decides on the possibility of conducting an expert examination. The maximum time for making a decision is 5 calendar days.
Consideration of the application and collecting of the necessary documentation. Based on the results of consideration of the application and additional materials, the competent authority makes a decision on the submitted application:
- if the response is positive, the applicant receives a notification of the successful completion of this stage and the contract for consideration;
- if the response is negative, the applicant receives a letter with a detailed indication of the reasons for the refusal. The competent authority may refuse to carry out certification if there is documentary evidence of non-compliance with the accessibility requirements for low-mobility groups of the population for this object.
Conducting an expert examination. In this stage, examination of the object is carried out After that, a report on the conducted activities is compiled, which is sent to the Certification authority.
Preparation and presentation of the document of compliance. The Certification authority decides whether the object meets the suggested requirements. If no violations are detected, the applicant is awarded a Certificate of Conformity and an information sign of the VOI for placement on the object.
4. THE ADAPTATION PLAN OF THE OBJECT
The Expert Center will help to prepare an adaptation plan for the object based on the recommendations received as part of the pssportization stage. It will form a list of measures and justification of managerial decisions, an assessment of the necessary financial investments for the adaptation of the object.
Stages of adaptation:
- Stage 1 (urgent measures): they are proposed to plan and execute in the near future after the examination of the object in the current year (organization and acquisition of technical means of rehabilitation);
- Stage 2 (deferred events): they require longer preparation and implementation, including planning of funds for their execution (preparation of design and estimate documentation and subsequent repair work), they can be planned and implemented in the upcoming financial period.
Types of adaptation work:
- Organizational measures.
- Acquisition of technical means of adaptation.
- Repair work, including the development. of design and estimate documentation.
- Several types of work at once.
Object adaptation plan:
- Name of adaptation measures.
- Categories of low-mobility groups of the population.
- Type of work.
- Stage of work.
- Necessary financing.
- Term of execution.
- Responsible Contractor.
Also, our Expert Center will prepare a set of managerial measures in the field of accessibility of services provided: organization of staff training for providing services to visitors with disabilities of all nosologies, enhancement of staff qualifications (knowledge, skills on interaction and servicing of visitors with disabilities; working with special equipment and devices).
5. ACCESSIBILITY OF DIGITAL CONTENT
The digital environment has become an integral part of our life. Websites, applications, services used in computers, laptops, tablets, smartphones are all digital products that make a person’s life easier. As well as the physical environment surrounding us, they should be accessible and convenient for all users without exception. Bringing an information service in accordance with the requirements of accessibility usually involves its adaptation.
An information service that meets the requirements for the accessibility of digital content can be successfully and independently used by the widest possible range of people. In addition to the usual (or more correctly, the normotypic) user, the accessible information resource is friendly to elderly people, to users with various limitations of life activity (for example, to tired and not very attentive), and even to users with disabilities.
Thus, blind users perceive information and manage digital services using auxiliary technologies — screen access programs (they display text information in the form of synthesized speech or a relief-dot font on a special device called a Braille display). Deaf users can read the transcript of the podcast or get acquainted with the translation of the most important materials into Russian sign language. Users with mental limitations or various disorders of memory or attention functions rely on a simple and understandable presentation of information (an intuitive logical structure of the resource and a simple clear language). People who, for various reasons, cannot use a keyboard, a «mouse» or a touch interface, can use special switch systems to interact with an accessible information service.
In Russia, the requirements for accessibility of digital content are regulated by the National Standard GOST R 52872−2019 «Internet resources and other information presented in electronic and digital form. Applications for stationary and mobile devices, other user interfaces. Accessibility requirements for people with disabilities and other persons with limitations of vital activity». It is based on the best international standards and developed by leading Russian experts in the field of digital accessibility.
The Expert Center organizes an overview examination for compliance with the requirements of the accessibility of an Internet resource, a mobile application or an electronic document of any complexity.
Conducting an audit and preparing recommendations for adapting the existing information resource to meet the requirements of digital accessibility.
Development of a strategy to increase the accessibility of an information service or help in formulation of a technical task for developers of information resources in terms of ensuring the accessibility of digital content.
Carrying out testing for the accessibility of digital content and adapting the information service to the required level together with the developers.
6. Voluntary Certification System of VOI «World accessible to all»
The Voluntary Certification System «WORLD ACCESSIBLE TO ALL» was developed by the All-Russian Society of Disabled People (VOI) in order to provide opportunities for unhindered access to all social infrastructure facilities, as well as for all types of urban transport by all categories of citizens.
The Voluntary Certification System of VOI was created to organize activities for voluntary certification of objects for compliance with the requirements established in the national standards of the Russian Federation and VOI standards.